Brewing Tannic acid
You May Also Be Interested In:
Brewing tannic acid
Synonym: Tannin, Gallotannic acid
Molecular formula and weight: C76H52O46 = 1701.18
CAS registry number: 1401-55-4
HS Code: 32019090
Appearance: Ivory, no odour
Ignition residue, %: <=1
Tannic acid content %: >=96.0
Gum and dextrin experiment: Negative
As mg/kg: <=3
Heavy metal(Pb) mg/kg: <=20
Loss on drying %: <=10
2. Characteristic: A natural stabilizing agent of beer, it can rapidly react with acidic protein and protein polyphenols to obtain precipitation, and removed at the later of fermentation or during the filtration of beer. It can obviously improve the colloid stability and flavor stability of beer.
3. Dosage and usage
(1) Recommended: 20-40ppm.
(2) Usage: It is added at the later of fermentation to spill from jar or during the filtration of beer, concretely depending on the seethe degree of barley juice, suspending yeast cell counts in ferment-ation solution, the quantity of fermentation solution and the shape of fermentation jar, and etc. Dosage and usage will be confirmed by experiment finally.
(3) Usage:25% tannin solution is compounded with deoxidized wateror distilled water at room tem-perature Before added, diluted to 1-5% again. Added by quantitative added pump, uniformity degree of solution can reach above 80%.
4. Time of precipitation: The reaction rate of tannin with protein is very fast, time of precipitation depends on its temperature of fermentation solution. Counts of suspending yeast cell and specification of container. It takes 2-4 days to precipitate if added in the later of fermentation solution. It takes notless than 10 minutes to contact during the filtration if it is added on the filter pipeline and takes about20 minutes to precipitate in buffer jar.
5. Five major functions of ChunYuan brewing tannin:
(1) Adsorb selectively and deposit macromolecule basic hydrophobic and sensitive proteins containing sulfur. These unstable macromolecule proteins are the very reason why the beer flavor and colloid are unstable.
(2) Combine with different kinds of metal ions to form depositions. Can remove harmful metal ions in beers, especially Fu++, Cu++, Ni+, which can enhanced oxidation of beers.
(3) Condense with different aldehydes in beers in acid conditions; reduce content of aldehydes having side-effects on beer flavor and increase stability of beer flavor.
(4) As natural anti-oxidant and remover of oxygen free radicals, contain large quantity of phenol hydrocarbyls, easily be oxidized and have high reduction. Reduce activity of oxygen with high activity; remove various kinds of oxygen free radicals, cut oxidation reaction chain of free radicals and stop oxidation reaction. Therefore, protect beer from being oxidized.
(5) Have the effect of inhibiting activity of enzyme and restraining bacteria. By combining with enzyme protein, destroy function group of enzyme and make them inactive. And complex with Ca++, Mg++, Mn++----- catalyst of enzyme, thus inhibit enzyme. Can inhibit bacteria to minimum 12-100ppm, and yeast to 25000-125000ppm. As far as present dosage is concerned, tannin has certain inhibition to bacteria and has no effect on yeast.
6. Packaging : 25KG/drum.