CMC high viscosity
You May Also Be Interested In:
carboxy methyl cellulose
IM-CEL HV Carboxy methyl cellulose is an effective additive for reducing the A. P. I. filtration rate in most water based drilling fluids.
IM-CEL HV also increases mud viscosity and provides a cost effective means of improving water based drilling fluid performance.
IM-CEL HV is applicable in the following general types of fluid systems
- Freshwater muds
- Seawater muds
- Saltwater muds (up to and including saturation)
- KCl muds
- Solids free brine (NaCl and KCl)
- Native muds
IM-CEL HV may be used efficiently in the indicated types of fluid to:
- Reduce the filtration rate of the fluid
- Increase and improve the fluid rheology (including suspension and hole cleaning)
- Stabilize fluid rheology in the presence of contaminants
- Coat and encapsulate cuttings and solids in the drilling fluid, thereby inhibiting the swelling and
disintegration of water sensitive solids
- Improve the character and consistency of wallcake, thereby reducing the potential for stuck pipe.