You May Also Be Interested In:
There are approximately two million blind and 11 million visually impaired people in the United States. Additionally, the World Health Organization estimates there are 45 million people that are blind throughout the world. California Computer News - Indexed on Dec 25, 2004.
The technologies for acoustic and (or) tactile visualization of optical objects for blind or blind and deaf people, are realized by the project " Sight without eyes
- Legally carried out the full scale tests reveal ability to perception and analysis of the visual messages (adequate to opportunities of usual sight, In conditions for usual sight) blind and visually impaired of any age and category.
- The technologies of the project - means, manual and technique - are harmless to health of the user, are popular (low price) and are simple in training.
- All legal and engineering specifications is present.
- The technologies are are commercially attractive and ready to transfer to an industry.
- Expert Advice of Blind's Society and Academy of sciences of Uzbekistan, have determined, that the technologies of the project " Sight without eyes " represent popular means of rehabilitation for blind and blind-deaf of any age and categories and blind can be made these, at the specialized enterprises of blind.
- The technologies enable blind independently to investigate problems of perception of the visual messages.
- The not basic updating allows to use technologies for blind and deaf.
- Described especially important for blind and visually impaired children, giving them an opportunity of normal development from the earliest age.
- It is represented, that the further movement of the project should be regulated according to the International Conventions of the rights of the man, invalids, invalids - children.
In case of your interest I shall be glad to answer your questions.