Fiberglass Self-adhesive Mesh Tape(Drywall Tape)
You May Also Be Interested In:
adhesive mesh tape
fiberglass self adhesive mesh tape
self adhesive mesh
self adhesive mesh tape
Fiberglass self-adhesive mesh tape is formed by the cutting of the good quality fiberglass net cloth fabric coated by the acrylic acid copolymer. The alkaline-resistance of acrylic, the chemical stability and no oxygenated property of fiberglass make the Belts have the following properties that other materials cannot be compared with:
* Good performance of alkaline-resistance
* High tensile strength and deformation-resestance
* Excellent self-adhesive performance
* Well arranged
* Simple and easy to be applied
* Wall must be clean and dry
* Center and apply tape over the length of the joint, pressing firmly.
* Apply a generous first coat of compound over the tape and though the mesh, making sure to completely fill the joint crevice. When the joint has been completely filled, wipe off any excess compound with the drywall knife leaving enough to cover the tape.
* Let dry completely, then sand slightly
* Apply sufficient thin finishing coats to produce a smooth wall surface
* Cut or buttered boards do not have a tapered edge. Therefore, special care must be taken to assure proper compound penetration of all joints. This may result in slight build-up of compound that will require an increased amount of edge feathering.
* Failure to completely fill the joint may result in cracking
* For best results, use a setting-type compound