Glaa Bead for Sandblasting and Abrasive
You May Also Be Interested In:
glass bead blasting
Glass beads produce a much smoother and brighter finish than angular abrasives. Glass beads can be recycled approximately 30 times. Chemically inert and environmentally friendly, glass beads are an acceptable method of metal cleaning or surface finishing when properly controlled.
Glass bead blasting produces a clean, bright, satin finish, without dimensional change of the parts. Available in a wide range of sizes, glass beads are primarily used in blasting cabinets for honing, polishing, peening, blending, finishing, removing light burrs and cleaning most light foreign matter. For delicate thin-walled parts and thin welds, peening with glass bead abrasive material provides the right balance of stress relief without over-stressing and causing damage. Consider the size of perforations or holes through which the glass beads must pass when screen separating parts from media after use.
1. This series of glass beads can be used for smooth cleaning, deburring, matting, reduction of surface roughness, surface finish and shot peening.
2. It can be used for descaling, cleaning and deburring of steel, brass and machine parts.
3. It can be used for smooth derusting, descaling, and cleaning of metal materials and for woodworking with finest degree of roughening. Best surface preparation creating optimal adhesion for subsequent coating or glueing processes and it is particularly suitable where media loss is unavoidable.
4. It can be used for smooth cleaning, deburring and deadening of high quality metal and austenitic materials in the fields of aerospace, dental, galvano, motor, reactor and laboratory technologies. And also used for workpieces of extreme hardness.
5. It can be used for breaking down pigments for paints, food, and pharmaceutical substances as buffer and filler medium in explosion-proof plants and devices also as filler in filters and rectifiers in the chemical industry. Grinding glass beads are used in bead mills, sand mills, ball mills and laboratories with filter equipment.
1. Technical data
1) Size: 80um--1000um . special grain sizes upon request
2) Specific gravity:Approx.2.5g/cm3
3) Bulk weight:Approx 1.5kg/l
4) Handness: According to Mohs:6
2. Chemical property