You May Also Be Interested In:
Hangzhou wan jing new material co. , ltd
Hydroxyacetic acid is the smallest (Alpha)-hydroxy acid (AHA) . This colorless, odorless, and hygroscopic crystalline solid is highly soluble in water. It is used in various skin-care products.
Specification: CAS NO. : 79-14-1
ITEM NO. VK-G01 VK-G02
Appearance white crystal colorless liquid
Assay >= % 99.5 70
Insolvable <= % 0.01 0.01
ignition residue <= % 0.3 0.3
Chloride <= % 0.001 0.001
Sulfate(SO4) <= % 0.005 0.005
Heavy metal <= % 0.0005 0.0005
1. Due to its excellent capability to penetrate skin, hydroxyacetic acid finds applications in skin care products, most often as a chemical peel performed by a dermatologist in concentrations of 20%-80% or at-home kits in lower concentrations of 10%.
2. Hydroxyacetic acid is used to improve the skin's appearance and texture. It may reduce wrinkles, acne scarring, hyperpigmentation and improve many other skin conditions.
3. Hydroxyacetic acid reacts with the upper layer of the epidermis, weakening the binding properties of the lipids that hold the dead skin cells together. This allows the outer skin to "dissolve" revealing the underlying skin.
4. Hydroxyacetic acid is also a useful intermediate for organic synthesis, in a range of reactions including: oxidation-reduction, esterification and long chain polymerization.
5. Hydroxyacetic acid is used as a monomer in the preparation of polyglycolic acid and other biocompatible copolymers.
6. Hydroxyacetic acid finds employment in the textile industry as a dyeing and tanning agent, in food processing as a flavoring agent and as a preservative.
7. Hydroxyacetic acid is often included into emulsion polymers, solvents and additives for ink and paint in order to improve flow properties and impart gloss.