Metronidazole Intravenous infusion 100ml:500mg
You May Also Be Interested In:
Name: Metronidazole Injection
Structural formula: C6H9N3O3
Description the product is colorless or almost colorless pellucid liquid.
Pharmacology and toxicity
Potent Anaerobicidal Nitro -imidazole derivative. The exact mechanism of action of metronidazole is unknown. At physiologic pH, metronidazole is un-ionized and taken up readily by anaerobic organisms. The drug then undergoes intracellular chemical reduction via mechanisms unique to anaerobes. Reduced metronidazole interacts with DNA and inhibits nucleic acid synthesis, leading to cell death. Metronidazole is equally effective against dividing and nondividing cells.
The peak value is observed 20mins after administering by intravenous drip and binding rate with protein <5%. After absorption Metronidazole distributes widely in all kinds of tissues and body liquids, and pass easily blood brain barrier to the tissues such as saliva, placenta, bile, latex, ammiotic fluid, semen, urine, purulence, cerebrospinal fluid and etc. It is reported that the concentration in placenta, latex, bile is similar with that in plasma.
For the healthy people the concentration of Metronidazole in the cerebrospinal fluid is about 43% of that in the plasma, and the effective concentration can remain 12hours. 60~80% of the preparation is excreted via kidney, about 20% of Metronidazole is excreted unchanged in the urine, the other is excreted in the urine as the products of metabolism (25%- glucuronicacid combo, 14%-other kinds of products of metabolism) . 10% of Metronidazole is excreted in the dejection, and 14% is excreted from skin.
Disease treated Metronidazole is mainly used in the treatment of anaerobe bacterial infection.
Administration and dosage By drip phleboclysis.1. doses for the adult In the treatment of anaerobic bacteria infections, administer by intravenous drip according to 1g/70kg for the first time, and calculate the does according to 7.5mg/kg during the course of treatment, and interval time is 6~8hours.
2. doses for the children In the treatment of anaerobic bacteria infection, the doses are similar with that of the adult.
Side-effect 15~30% of the cases were reported side-effect, and adverse reactions frequently associated with Metronidazole include: digestive tract reaction such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea stomach pain or cramps, anorexia; symptoms of nerve system include headache and swirl; abnormal sensation, numb limbs and tense tendons , ataxia, and multiple neuritis occasionally happen; over high dose can cause convulsion. Few cases have the symptoms such as urticaria, moisst, pruritus, cystitis, dysuresia, change in taste sensation and decreased white cell. But the abovementioned symptoms are all reversible and recover after the administration.
Forbid to use the medicine for the patients with the diseases in central nervous system and flood.
(1) the product has potential factors of cancer for some animals
(2) Interfere with the diagnosis: metabolic products of the medicine can make the urine carmine.
(3) Less dosage should be administered for the patients with diseases of liver and viscera. Stop using the product if the symptoms such as ataxia or other central nerve system exit. Record the amount of white cell before the repeated course of the treatment. For the patients with anaerobe bacteria infection complicated with renal failure, the administration interval should be prolonged from 8hours to 12hours.
(4) the product can inhibit the metabolism of alcohol, so during the course of treatment forbid to drink, or stomachache, vomiting and headache may be shown.
Indication for women in pregnant and suckle
Forbid to use this medicine for women in pregnant and suckle.
Metronidazole may increase the effects of Warfarin anticoagulants.
Overdose High dose may cause convulsion.
Specifications 100ml: 500mg
Storage instructions Light-resistant and store in well-closed containers.
Package Packed in plastic bottle
Validity Two years