You May Also Be Interested In:
Papier mache the special craft of Kashmir is better known to this part of world alone. Kashmiri artists create these masterpieces in all the traditional as well as modern motifs to the height of perfection and intricate designing. These gold lined boxes come in all pattern and shapes that hold the treasure of yours.
Pulp the basic ingredient of papier mache is prepared in a complex manner and molded in all forms - boxes, lamps, vases, holders, balls, bangles, frames and thousands of other possibilities.
Kashmiri artists have innate aesthetic sense which show in all of their works. We have a vast collection of this treasure for you to choose, collect and amass.
Papier-mache involves ornamentation in color, gold and silver over smoothened surfaces built up of paper pulp or sometimes wood and card board. The designs used in Papier-mache are very intricate and their application requires a great deal of artistic skill and accuracy.
1. The artist draws from the reservoir of patterns and motifs in his memory.
2. The chosen design is first outlined in a light color and the spaces outling flowers or other forms which are to be filled with color are initially painted white.
3. After this, the flowers, birds and other motifs are painted. Details in black outline or other dark colors are painted in later.
4. The gold leaf is applied first and then detailed over, while the details in liquid gold are done last.
5. Finally a coat of lacquer made of linseed oil and pine resin is applied.