You May Also Be Interested In:
Eessentially free of sulfur and aromatics. Unburned hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and particulate matter is significantly reduced compared to emissions from diesel fuel. Exhaust emissions of sulfur oxides and sulfates (major components of acid rain) from biodiesel are essentially eliminated compared to petroleum diesel.
Biodiesel works in any diesel engine with no modifications to the engine or the fuel system. Biodiesel exhaust has a less harmful impact on human health than petroleum diesel fuel.
Summary of Benefits to using biodiesel as a blended fuel in diesel engines
* Lower flash point than petroleum diesel and thus helps prevent damaging fires
* Burns cleaner than petroleum diesel and thus reduces particulate matter thus lowering emissions of nitrogen, carbon monoxide and unburned hydrocarbons
* Non-toxic and biodegradable
* The odor of burned biodiesel fuel is considered by many to be less offensive that petroleum diesel
* Limited or no needed modifications to current engines to use biodiesel
* No need to change the transportation and storage systems to handle biodiesel
* Behaves similarly to petroleum for engine performance and mileage
* Dissipates engine heat better than petroleum diesel
* Renewable energy source
* Reduces engine wear by as much as one half
* The lubricity of biodiesel is far greater than petroleum diesel
* Your engine will run much quieter