Para Toluene Sulfonic Acid
You May Also Be Interested In:
toluene sulfonic acid
PTSA ( Para-Toluene Sulfonic Acid )
CAS NO. #6192-52-5
Free Sulfuric: 3%Max.
1. Used for acid-catalyst reaction such as estification, hydrolysis, dehydration, polymerization and alkylation as a catalyst.
2. As hardener of many resin systems, such as resoles, epoxies, amino-Plastics and furniture lacquers.
3. As intermediate of dye chemistry, adhesives and specialized plasticizers.
4. As a hardening agent of furan resin which is applied in foundry Industry (Sand Casting) .
5. As an anti-stress additive for electroplating baths.
GRADE & SPECIFICATION:
ACTIVE INGREDIENT% 95% MIN
FREE SULFURIC ACID % 3% MAX
APPEARANCE: WHITE CRYSTALLINE
MOISTURE: 2% MAX
IRON: 30ppm. Max
NEUTRALIZATION EQUIVALENT 5.94
SPECIFIC GRAVITY 1.285
BULK DENSITY LB/GAL 1.3 at 200
MELTING POINT DEG. C. Approx.96-1020
BOILING POINT DEG. C. 140(20mmHg )
ISOMER DISTRIBUTION: (100 %BASIS) (AS IS BASIS)
PARA 96% 94%
ORTHO 4% 4%
META nil nil
Solubility in Water, Alcohol and Ether : Soluble easily