Xanthan Gum Polymer
You May Also Be Interested In:
IM-ZAN is high purity xanthan gum polymer used to increase viscosity in all types of water based drilling, completion and work-over fluids.
IM-ZAN is environmentally non-damaging and provides the maximum rheology at low dosage concentrations.
IM-ZAN has the following functions:
- Provides excellent and effective suspension properties limiting settlement of weighting agents and drilled cuttings.
- Has excellent low shear rheology, allowing for maximum lifting and removal of drilled solids.
- Effective in both weighted and low solids mud over a wide pH range and in all types of saturated
- Effective shear thinning agent promoting low bit viscosity for maximum attrition rates and high
annular viscosity for effective hole cleaning.
- Non-damaging to formations and can be easily removed with acids and oxidizing agents.
- Maintains performance at down-hole temperatures in excess of 270 deg F.
Concentrations in the range of 0.25 - 2.0 lb/bbl are recommended to control drilling mud properties. The quantity used would be dependent on the drilling fluid system, drilling depth and equipment.
Packaged in 50 lbs and 25 kg multi-wall paper sack