A cenosphere is a lightweight; inert, hollow sphere comprised largely of silica and alumina and filled with air and/or gases. Cenospheres are a naturally occurring by-product of the burning process at coal-fired power plants, and they have most of the same properties as manufactured hollow-sphered products.
1) Particle size: 100 - 5005m
2) Particle density: 0.4 - 0.8g/cm3
3) Bulk density: 0.38 - 0.42g/cm3
4) Color: light gray / off white
5) Refractoriness: 1,200 1,4700C
6) LOI: 1.0% max.
7) Moisture content: 1.0% max.
8) Sinker: 5% max