You May Also Be Interested In:
animal fodder additive
Popular name: Methanoic Acid
Molecular formula: HCOOH (molecular weight 46.02)
CAS No: 64-18-6
UN No: 1779
Dangerous Goods Class: 8
Physical and chemical property: Formic acid is a kind of colorless, smoking, inflammable liquid with irritant odor and very strong corrosiveness and can be mixed with water, ethanol, diethyl ether and glycerine
Specification: (Quality standard GB/T 2093-93)
Items First Second
Colour Index Platinum Cobalt 10 max 20 max
Purity 90 % min 85 % min
Sulphate as SO4 0.003 % max 0.005 % max
Chloride as CL 0.001 % max 0.002 % max
Fe 0.0001 % max 0.0005 % max
Iron as Fe 0.006 % max 0.02 % max
Use: Formic acid is one of basic organic chemical raw materials, which is extensively used in pesticide leather, dyestuff, medicine and rubber industries.
(1) Medicine industry: caffeine, analgin, aminopyrine, aminophylline, cacaine, borneol, vitamin B1 Danizol, Mebendacin.
(2) Pesticides industry: Acizol, triadimefon, tricyclazole, phentriazophos, paclobutrazol, sumiseven, chlordimeform, dicofol, etc.
(3) Chemical industry: calcium formate, sodium formate, potassium formate, ethyl formate, barium formate, dimethylformamide, carboxamide, rubber protectant, pentaerythrite, neopentyl glycol, epoxidized soybean oil, chlorine pivaloyl, paint remover, bakelite, pickled plate, etc.
(4) Leather industry: leather tanning agent, deliming agent, and neutralizer.
(5) Rubber industry: natural rubber polycoagulant.
(6) Other: it may also be used for making printing mordant, fiber and paper staining agent, processing agent, plasticizing agent, food antistaling agent, animal fodder additive, etc.
Package and transportation: Packed in plastic container (25kg / 200kg)